Give the gift of health
#GivingTuesday kicks off the giving season by inspiring people to give to the causes close to their heart.
At Health Education Council, we can't think of a better gift than the Gift Of Health.
Your gift to the Health Education Council has the power to bring health and well-being to under-served communities throughout the Sacramento region.
Your donation will bring together residents, community, business and health care leaders to implement programs that don't just put a band-aid on community problems but rather work to solve the underlying cause of poor health and inequity.
Your gifts, both large and small, will help us to achieve our mission of helping those affected by our cause.
$25.00 - Provide vision, diabetes, and blood pressure screenings for low-income residents
$50.00 - Buy fresh food and supplies for Healthy Cooking Classes at local elementary schools
$75.00 - Provide financial certified financial coaching to low-income students and their parents
$100.00 - Provide violence prevention services and mentoring to at-risk teens
Our donors achieved great things in 2019!
- 52,000 people impacted by health & well-being services
- 50,596 pounds of fresh produce distributed to low-income families
- 13,500 families & entrepreneurs supported with financial education
- 3,000 miles walked by 150 Walk with Friends participants
- 7,300 health screenings & referrals
- 450 at-risk students mentored