The Health Education Council exists to improve health outcomes in under-served neighborhoods by empowering the people in them to create the solutions they need most.
Our Vision of Health
Decisions that determine health are largely driven by where we live, work, play, pray, shop, and grow old.
At HEC, we work across all drivers to improve the health of entire communities by addressing the social drivers of health in historically under-served neighborhoods.
News & Notes
HEC youth leaders design and implement Health is Wealth 2022.
The Health Education Council exists to improve health outcomes in under-served neighborhoods by empowering the people in them to create the solutions they need most. HEC Supports:
- Health Access.
- Social Connection.
- Economic Well-being.
- Community Safety.
- Wellness Education.
HEC believes that cross-sector collaboration and support can produce better health outcomes and diminish disparities.
HEC leverages the power of collaboration to improve health outcomes in under-served communities.
In our work and on our teams, we value:
- Collaboration. We leverage the power of connection and engagement.
- Diversity. We invite a variety of voices to the table.
- Empowerment. We seek out and support community-led ideas.
- Equity. We create inclusive, accessible, and effective solutions.
- Trust. We build and nurture authentic relationships.