Improving health outcomes in under-served neighborhoods by empowering the people in them to create the solutions they need most.
The Health Education Council exists to improve health outcomes in under-served neighborhoods by empowering the people in them to create the solutions they need most.
* Health Access.
* Social Connection.
* Economic Well-being.
* Community Safety.
* Wellness Education.
HEC believes that cross-sector collaboration and support can produce better health outcomes and diminish disparities.
HEC leverages the power of collaboration to improve health outcomes in under-served communities.
In our work and on our teams, we value:
* Collaboration. We leverage the power of connection and engagement.
* Diversity. We invite a variety of voices to the table.
* Empowerment. We seek out and support community-led ideas.
* Equity. We create inclusive, accessible, and effective solutions.
* Trust. We build and nurture authentic relationships.
HEC in the Community
OUR IMPACT IN 2022
When it comes to impact, serving residents in under-served neighborhoods is our top priority. Working together, the Health Education Council, residents, law enforcement, public health, education, health care, and community organizations develop solutions tailored to a community’s specific needs. HEC serves as convener and backbone support for a variety of collective impact initiatives to improve health.
Hours Mentoring Youth
Pounds of Food Distributed