We help communities thrive.
With the right resources, knowledge and support, communities can build a strong foundation for health.
At HEC, we work to empower community members to build partnerships that support well-being in their neighborhoods. By aligning resources, increasing economic well-being, promoting safety and strengthening social connections, neighborhoods can improve health outcomes and help all residents to thrive.
Together we have worked to address the challenges of 2020, fighting multiple epidemics - COVID 19; racial injustice; challenges to mental health and economic well-being and food security.
HEC's 2020 Impact Includes:
- 72 communities impacted
- 11,640 children and families served virtual health education
- 200 parents reached with nutrition and physical activity education
- 6,500 health screenings and referrals
- 16,000 meals distributed for Sacramento and Roseville food distribution
- 2,000 COVID-19 tests at Consulate
- 1,500 Spanish-speaking adults received financial education and coaching
- 200 organizations and business collaborations
- Over 50,000 of fresh produce distributed to low income families