Ventanilla de Asesoría Financiera y Protección al Patrimonio (VAF)
Recognizing the important link between financial health and physical health, HEC staff coordinates and implements VAF or Financial WIndow.
VAF provides free, culturally and linguistically appropriate financial assistance and financial education for the Mexican and Hispanic community living in the 24 county jurisdiction of the Mexican Consulate of Sacramento.
On a daily basis at the Sacramento Mexican Consulate, specially-trained HEC staff provide:
- direct financial advice on the protection of patrimony,
- personal navigation to access financial institutions,
- access to the opening of checking/savings accounts in 24 Northern California counties and in Mexico,
- tax preparation referrals, and
- education on credit enhancement and debt reduction, budgeting, housing, retirement funds, and pensions.
HEC also brings VAF services out into the community through “Plazas Communitarias” and financial workshops on financial literacy and entrepreneurship.
Programma Empresarial Hispano
HEC's “Hispanic Entrepreneurship Program” supports and equips Spanish-speaking small business owners and entrepreneurs through multi-session workshops in Spanish, business mentoring and coaching as well as a networking group partnering with a wide variety of organizations including the Mexican Consulate of Sacramento, Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the California Hispanic Chamber.