Ventanilla de Asesoría Financiera y Protección al Patrimonio (VAF)
Recognizing the important link between financial health and physical health, HEC staff coordinates and implements VAF or Financial Window.
VAF provides free, culturally and linguistically appropriate financial assistance and financial education for the Mexican and Hispanic community living in the 24 county jurisdiction of the Mexican Consulate of Sacramento.
Prior to COVID-19, while at the Sacramento Mexican Consulate, specially-trained HEC staff provided:
- Direct financial advice on the protection of patrimony
- Personal navigation to access financial institutions
- Access to the opening of checking/savings accounts in 24 Northern California counties and in Mexico
- Tax preparation referrals
- Education on credit enhancement and debt reduction, budgeting, housing, retirement funds, and pensions
- Financial Literacy workshops for high school students
While no longer providing direct service, HEC staff is still connecting the community to the services mentioned above, in a remote capacity. HEC staff is working closely with the Sacramento Mexican Consulate to host Facebook Live events. The topics covered so far have included:
- Filing Taxes and Stimulus Checks – A conversation with Irma Trevino from the IRS
- Paid Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act – A conversation with Veronica Melendez from CRLAF
- How to Protect Yourself Against Fraud – A conversation with Alma Galvan from the Better Business Bureau
You can also call us at (916) 329-3502 M-F from 9AM-2PM or email us at email@example.com.
Programma Empresarial Hispano
HEC's “Hispanic Entrepreneurship Program” supports and equips Spanish-speaking small business owners and entrepreneurs through multi-session workshops in Spanish, business mentoring and coaching as well as a networking group partnering with a wide variety of organizations including the Mexican Consulate of Sacramento, Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the California Hispanic Chamber.
Seminario Virtual GRATUITO en Español para Emprendedores - miércoles, 23 de septiembre | 9AM - 12:30PM