Ventanilla de Asesoría Financiera y Protección al Patrimonio (VAF)
Recognizing the important link between financial health and physical health, HEC staff coordinates and implements VAF or Financial Window.
VAF provides free, culturally and linguistically appropriate financial assistance and financial education for the Mexican and Hispanic community living in the 24 county jurisdiction of the Mexican Consulate of Sacramento.
Specially-trained HEC staff at the Sacramento Mexican Consulate provide the following services:
- Direct financial advice on the protection of patrimony
- Personal navigation to access financial institutions
- Access to the opening of checking/savings accounts in 24 Northern California counties and in Mexico
- Tax preparation referrals
- Education on credit enhancement and debt reduction, budgeting, housing, retirement funds, and pensions
- Financial Literacy workshops for high school students