We help communities thrive.
With the right resources, knowledge and support, communities can build a strong foundation for health.
At HEC, we work to empower community members to build partnerships that support well-being in their neighborhoods. By aligning resources, increasing economic well-being, promoting safety and strengthening social connections, neighborhoods can improve health outcomes and help all residents to thrive.
HEC's 2022 Impact Includes:
- Nearly 1,500 health screenings and tests administered.
- 1,300 household receiving health and nutrition education resources.
- 10,000 community members received instructions to apply for admission and financial aid at community colleges.
- Over 1,600 hours dedicated to mentoring youth in distressed communities.
- 2,300 3rd-6th grade students received monthly tasting kits and lesson plans for healthy meals.
- Engaged more than 300 community members in tobacco related advocacy.
- Over 100,000 pounds of fresh produce to nearly 10,000 community members.
- 5,099 COVID vaccinations administered.