Join us for Every Kid Healthy Week!
Every Kid Healthy Week is an annual observance to celebrate school wellness. This week provides an opportunity to get involved in a celebration to support sound nutrition, regular physical activity, social emotional health and health-promoting programs in schools.
Health Education Council is adapting Every Kid Healthy Week (May 17-21) to be a virtual week with simple activities and lessons following each day’s theme which kids can do during hybrid or distance learning. Health Education Council has prepared a teacher packet with short lessons, videos, handouts for students, and more!
Who should use this?
- Teachers in virtual classrooms and in distance learning
- Principals or district staff to share with their teachers and school site staff
- Community partners who are working virtually with students
- Parents who would like to participate at home
What will you receive?
- Teacher information packet
- Parent handout in English and Spanish
- Activity ideas, key messages, and videos for each day
- Slide deck lessons with student handouts for Tuesday & Friday
- Optional Zoom lesson with an HEC staff on Tuesday or Friday (limited availability, first come first served)
Post photos and videos from your activities on social media using the hashtags #EveryKidHealthyWeek and #HealthHappensTogether, and tag us @healthedcouncil (Instagram) or @HealthEdCouncil (Facebook), so we can see—and share—what everyone is doing! Be sure to like us on Facebook too!