Join us for Every Kid Healthy Week
Every Kid Healthy Week is an annual observance to celebrate school wellness. This week provides an opportunity to get involved in a celebration to support sound nutrition, regular physical activity, social emotional health and health-promoting programs in schools.
This year, Health Education Council is adapting Every Kid Healthy Week (May 18-22) to be a virtual week with simple activities and lessons following each day’s theme which kids can do at home. Health Education Council has prepared a teacher packet with short lessons, videos, handouts for students, and more!
Who should use this?
- Teachers in virtual classrooms and in distance learning
- Principals or district staff to share with their teachers and school site-staff
- Community partners who are working virtually with students
- Parents who would like to participate at home
- At home with my child(ren)
What will you receive?
- Teacher information packet
- Parent handout in English and Spanish
- Student handouts to go with each day
- Video Lessons
- Links to intro videos for each day
Post photos and videos from your activities on social media using the hashtags #EveryKidHealthyWeek and #HealthHappensTogether, and tag us @healthedcouncil (Instagram) or @HECFan (Facebook), so we can see—and share—whatever everyone is doing! Be sure to like us on Facebook too!
Every Kid Healthy Week is a collaborative initiative supported through S.H.O.P., Venatanilla De Salud, and the Healthy Schools Program, which is funded by the USDA SNAP, an equal opportunity provider and employer.